Friday, September 12, 2008

Lucky Number 13

Starting on defense for the Asnieres Castors, number 13, David St. Cyr!!! And the crowd goes wild!!!

Okay, so maybe only Mindy might be going wild, but I thought I would let the readers know about a few new tidbits of information. Still no internet at home, so this will be brief.

I choose number 13 because it was my brother's favorite number for the second part of hockey career and I think he still uses it today if he gets the chance. Anyway, we both love hockey and I wanted to honor his part in my journey to get where I am in my hockey career. And for the Leafs fans out there, in no way did I even consider that it was Mats Sundin's number. If I had thought that I would have gone with 11 for Daniel Alfredson.

I have also been named as an assitant captain for the team this year, an honour that I was not really expecting and hope to live up to expectations. As I have said before, we have a solid group of players and I know we can be successful this year. Our captain, Sly, is another defenseman in the Jason Smith mold, gritty and tough, but the undisputed leader of the club. I think it should be a great season for the team's leadership.

Anyway, hopefully this internet situation can be resolved quickly so I can stqrting posting real stuff again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked your intro. Congrats on the "A". Looking forward to more video.
orson

Louise said...

Well done David
Enjoy hearing of your time in France. Looking forward to more.Louise

GretzkyWolverine said...

Solid pick on the number! You didn't post that you pummeled a guy and got tossed! Well done sir... way to earn that "A".
Mark