Monday, September 8, 2008

Catastrophe!!!

The title is one of our coach's favorite words I think for when things go wrong. And this weekend was a tough one for the Asnieres hockey club. We lost both games by scores of 4-0 against La Roche before getting pummeled by Cholet 9-2. The only word I can use at this point is "Catastrophe".

Added to this, our internet at the house is still down, so I'm writing this entry from an Internet cafe. So no pictures today. I've decided until our internet is back up and working, I'll be posting only little notes like this to update the readership, and save all of the good stuff to be put on the blog once I have a connextion I don't have to pay for.

Back to this weekend. We struggled. What can I say. But like the glass half-full type pf person I am, there were some positives that the team can take from this weekend. We know there are some really good teams in the league, and if we want to be successful, we will learn from the mistakes we made. We know that we need to be more disciplined - myself included. Anyway, lots of little lessons to be learned.

I should note that even though the scores don't reflect it, the pieces are in place for this team to be very good. Now we just need to all be puzzle masters and figure out how to put the pieces together. The good is tat we don't have time to wallow in the losses as we play Cergy in a rematch from last Tuesday tomorrow night in their barn.

Okay, enough of my ramblings for now. Look for better things once the internet connextion is restored.

No comments: