Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Exhibition Game #2

Time for the home opener of the exhibition season. On Tuesday, we welcomed the Cergy Jokers to town in the first of a home and home series with the team from the French D1 league. We came out of the gates flying and had a pretty good first period with only a few breakdowns and went into the intermission with the score tied 1-1. In the second period however we couldn't stay our of the penalty box amd gave Cergy all kinds of chance to take control of the game. Finally, the coach had seen enough and called a timeout to give us all a verbal tongue lashing about dicipline. We settled down and managed to finish the second tied at two goals a piece.

Going out for the third period, we knew that the game was within reach and after the loss on Saturday, we really wanted a win, especially on home ice. Now its Cergy's turn to spend some time in the penalty box and we capitalized on the power-play. Just like that it's 3-2 for the good guys and we started rolling from there. We notched two more goals to put it out of reach and cruised to our first win of the season.

I had a pretty good game as Mikka and I played much better together with fewer mistakes between us. I had a great 5 on 3 penalty kill (where they pulled their goalie to make it 6 on 3) in the first period. I also threw some pretty good hits, although I did take one penalty, but I made sure the other guy went too, so no harm. I had one assist in the game on the winning goal when we were on the power-play and was on for one or two other goals. The only one I had scored against me was killing another 5 on 3. I should also note that Andronik (our Quebec sniper) completed the natural hat trick (I think).

Anyway, here is a video of some highlights from the first couple of games. The Frat House girlfriends were shooting some video of their guys during the first two games and I borrowed some of it to make this, so alot of shots include Mikka and Tommi. I apologize, but at least I have something to work with. I also had to include some stills from the game against Cergy just to make it a little longer. I'm wearing #13 in the first game and #31 in the second. Ohh, and watched for the huge hit I throw in the third or fourth clip in the top right hand corner of the screen. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Bravo

Carole said...

Hi David... I just took a look on your blog... I loved it. OK excuse my english.. not famous. I am Andronik's mother and I am better in french. I miss very much hockey games. When Andronik was in Canada, I was always there .. I love hockey. What is Andronik's number ?
P.S. : Anne-Julie is the name of Andronik's girlfriend (not Angelique) ah ah ah.
So, I hope you'll keep on to give us news from France with your blog... it's so funny ... "C'EST CAPOTÉ". You should tell Andronik to do the same thing.
Again... excuse my english.

P.S. You have a very nice wife...
A LA PROCHAINE. Bonjour à Andro..